A few words about Mo

Have I told you how awesome adorable easy Mo is?  We are banana nuts crazy about him!  He is a delicious expressive engaging perfect little dude.  I am completely obsessed with his every facial expression, funny movement, little sound.  Yesterday I swear he said "hi".  I said "hi" and then I heard him say "hi" back and I said "hi" again and then he said it again.  I mean, I know he didn't really say "hi", it probably just sounded like "hi", but he really is smart enough that it wouldn't surprise me.  He smells unbelievable and to kiss his cheeks is absolutely divine!  I never, ever, ever thought I could love anyone as much I love Max.  I honestly didn't think it was possible.  But, last night, while Mo was sleeping, I told Ted that I was excited to wake up to spend more time with Mo.  Big words for someone who prayed not to wake up for more than a year.  He is a gift from god!  I don't say that lightly either.  Between you and me, I was not looking forward to an infant after losing my baby.  Babies are just so much better than infants (is that wrong to say?).  Mo's infant stage lasted about a week!  Or, at least it felt that way.  He is almost 14 pounds!  He can pretty much hold his head up, making "tummy time" so much less painful.  He smiles and coos and almost straight up chats (ask Eowyn, who was here yesterday.  Mo just sat up on the couch in between us and got in on the conversation).  I can't say enough about my baby boy.  He is a total dream come true!

5 comments

Eliza Millman said...

Abby- for some reason I read your blog all the time. You were one of those people that when I met I knew you were a super special person. I was devastated for your family when you posted about Maxie's death on Facebook. I think i read your blog to sort of check in on how you are doing. This is the first time your blog entry made me cry. I am so happy for you and your beautiful addition to your family. Mo is adorable!

Egreeno said...

Its true, he is an adorable and lovable and perfectly perfect little chatter box and that smile is enough to melt a thousand hearts! Swooning still from my afternoon with Mo, E

SadMama said...

Congratulations on the new addition to your family.
I wanted to let you know that I've added your blog to my collection of blogs/websites/articles for bereaved parents.
http://www.scoop.it/t/grief-and-loss

I've been searching for blogs and other sites since my beautiful 23 year old son died suddenly 18 weeks ago.

Jenny Romanowski said...

Abby I'm so happy for you! Mo is beautiful and looks so much like you! Max made sure Mo was perfect for you! I'm glad he is there for you to allow yourself to feel some moments of happiness again! You deserve it!

Susan said...

Yeah, I think he is pretty cute :)