You wouldn't grieve like me

You would be the "noble griever"
You would hold your head high,
accepting that sometimes there are no explanations
You would keep your chin up
You would know that everything happens for a reason
You wouldn't feel like a victim
You wouldn't cry, because he wouldn't have wanted you to
You would put one foot in front of the other
You would recognize that you can always have other children
You would still see the world as a beautiful place
where anything is possible
You would focus on everything that is good in your life still
You would make the best of a tough situation


Would you?
Call me when your child dies
I am sure I will learn by watching your example...

6 comments

thegirls3 said...

I have been following your blog for a while. I am not a BLM and do not remember how I found you. You are in my thoughts and prayers. How each person grieves is personal. To hell with those who don't understand! Hugs to you on this beautiful Sunday :)
Debbie

Tanya said...

Abby, you are grieving with the anguish and suffering that mothers have felt since the dawn of human time on earth.....No child will ever replace the child you lost - and the pain of knives cutting into you is how you should feel. The pain of that loss, the emptiness, is truly unbearable but bears witness....

jkbrumbaugh@gmail.com said...

Only until someone looses a child would undestand the depth of the pain we have. I believe that even from one bereaved parent to another is different because of our different circumstances and stages of grief. I believe only our husbands come to the closest to understand because of how much they have shared in this. Im sorry. Always in our mind. Huggs, Kira.

Tiffany said...

Amen! This has always been my biggest issue- people trying to tell me how I should be grieving!

Susan said...

Brilliant - love it xx

Sonia said...

Abby, I read this yesterday but couldn't post for some reason.. I think I've said this before but you are an amazing writer - you should write a book..

I'm so sorry you needed to have to write this- it makes me sad that there is obviously people in your life who are driving you to write this - and I wish that you didn't have to go through the added anguish of people who are saying and doing the wrong thing - who are not supportive in their words and behaviour.