Bleary eyed baby

Maxie got really good at naps.  He napped every morning for an hour after his morning routine.  He napped again from 10am - 11:30 or 12.  He napped again from 3pm - 4/5 pm.  Little sleepy head.  But, he wasn't always a good napper.  When I first tried to get the naps on a schedule, he would cry and cry, which broke my heart too much.  Often, I "saved" him from the naps.  I couldn't bear to listen to his sobs.  Then I would be stuck with a bleary eyed little pumpkin, who always did his best to smile through his tears.

2 comments

Jennyro22 said...

Oh Abby my heart breaks for you, but all the brokenness in the world can't put him back in your arms. I would give all my worldly possessions to do that and we are just blog friends. How is your mom through it all? It must be doubly painful for her to lose Max and such a big part of you at the same time. To see your child in so much pain and not be able to do anything to aleaveate it has its own little hell to go through. None of its fair and nothing else matters. I am so sorry you have to wonder this horrible road. I can never believe it was meant for you or Max. All my thoughts and good wishes Abby! May you sleep with good dreams of Max tonight!

Leslie K. said...

I know I've said this before, Abbs, but whenever I read one of your blog entries, I'm reminded how powerfully unparalleled a mother's love is. You love that little guy with every single cell in your body, and it comes through in every word you write. He should be in your arms where he belongs. I do believe that he is watching over you, though, and still feels your love every second. What a blessing to be loved the way he is.