Barefoot

My Maxie liked to go barefoot, just like his Daddy.  I never once put a pair of shoes on him.  Not once (sorry if you gave us any shoes...hopefully they will get used eventually).  We got loads of socks as presents for Max when he was born.  The cutest little socks you ever saw.  I had a perfect pair of matching socks for every single outfit I put Max in.  And for the first three months, he always had a pair.  And, then, I started noticing that everywhere I showed up with Max, he'd only be wearing one sock.  There were lonely socks all over the back seat of the car.  It was his first trick really, pulling off the socks.  He just didn't like them.  I'm not sure why I still think it is so funny for a teeny tiny baby to have such a distinct dislike of socks. I tried for months, didn't want his little toesies to get cold, until I finally just gave up.  At least 30 pairs of socks that were never used.  My kid liked his feet free!  All the better to kiss them anyway.

2 comments

Kimberly Bonheim Birbrower said...

Abby What a delicious fat little square foot!!! And those sweet little toes. Just edible. Another lovable perfect thing about your little Maxie. Thank you for sharing!

Tallie Fishburne said...

I love that little squishy foot! And I love that you are sharing all these wonderful Maxisms that I never knew. Thank you for continuing to write so I can continue to learn new things about the precious Max I love.